Information for parents
- Fast Facts about NWSD
- Title I, Special Education, & Student Assistance Program
- SAP Services for Middle School Students during COVID-19
- Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment
- Health Forms and Information
- Cafeteria Menus & Information
- School Year and Sports Calendars
- School Arrival and Dismissal Information
- School Board Policies & Agendas
- School Cancellation & Delay Guidelines
- Northwestern is proud to be an AmeriCorps partner!
- Sports Physical Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Evaluation (CIPPE)
- Sports Physical St. Vincent Addendum to CIPPE Form
ECTS Parent Portal
If you are a parent of a student who attends the Erie County Technical School, please visit the ECTS Parent Portal. The portal contains many valuable resources, including school information, grades, and attendance.
Miscellaneous Forms & Information
NEW ONLINE SUBMISSION LINK - Transportation Change Form
Information for School Volunteers
-Please enter PA Department of Education Service Code 1KG6XN to register
*The Affirmation Statement replaces the fingerprint check for those who have lived in PA for 10 consecutive years; NOT APPLICABLE to Volunteer Coaches or Overnight Chaperones
Web Grades Information
ParentConnect contains daily grades, student schedules, marking period grades, attendance records, discipline records, cafeteria balances, and other important student information.
To access grades, visit the Student Information link for the building where your child attends. If you are unsure of the login ID and password, please contact the school office. If you are using Internet Explorer, and you are having trouble accessing grades, please visit this link.
- Once you are logged in, click the bottom left button - "Daily Grades."
- Click a course name from the list that appears in the area to the right.
- Beneath the course that you clicked, you will see a list of gradebooks for that class. Because some courses are all year, some courses are two quarters or one semester, and some courses are just one quarter, not all gradebooks will look the same in all courses.
- Many courses will have a gradebook with "Exam" at the end of its name - this is a holding place for the Final Exam and you will not see grades in that gradebook until an exam is graded.
- There is a gradebook with the name "Fn" at the end of its name - this is a continuously updating gradebook that shows the overall grade in the course. If this Fn gradebook is missing or incorrect, please contact the teacher.
- There are other gradebooks that end in Qtr1, Qtr2, Qtr3, & Qtr4, for all full-year courses. Courses offered for less than a full year will have gradebooks for whichever quarters they are offered.
- For example, the gradebook ending in Qtr1 is where you will find the assignments and scores for the 1st 9-week marking period. The current grade will be displayed next to the Qtr1 gradebook.
- Click the gradebook ending in Qtr1 to view detailed assignments and scores
- Click the "close gradebook page" button to go back to the list to view grades in another course.
There are several reports available in the Reports area toward the top of the page, including a custom report named "Gradebook Quick Look (NWSD)" that is a snapshot of all grades in all classes.
- Click "Select a Report" near the top of the page.
- Select "Gradebook Quick Look (NWSD)"
- Click the printer icon next to "Gradebook Quick Look (NWSD)"
- For the 1st quarter, click the number 1 in the "Available Values" box, then click the single arrow button between the boxes. This will move the 1 to the "Selected Values" box on the right side.
- Click OK
- This will generate a Gradebook Summary report for all courses offered in Marking Period 1
- Click "Close Report" when you are done viewing the report.
Grades are posted to ParentConnect several times per day. Please use the system frequently in order to stay informed about the progress of your child.
Free Books for Children Under 5
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library will help you read with your child. There are many reasons parents do not read to their child, but we can eliminate one of them. Every child will have books of their very own, at no cost to you, thanks to United Way of Erie County and Dolly Parton. Each month a new, carefully selected book will be mailed in your child’s name directly to your home. He/she can look forward to new and exciting reading adventures from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library until he/she turns five years old as long as you remain a resident of Erie County. Should the child move outside Erie County, he/she automatically exits the program.
For additional information or to enroll in this free program, please visit the United Way website.
Olweus Bullying Program
In order to ensure that all Northwestern students are afforded an opportunity to learn in a safer, more positive environment, Northwestern School District has implemented a comprehensive bullying prevention program utilizing the internationally recognized Olweus Bullying Prevention Program guidelines.
For a definition of what bullying is, how to recognize it, how to assist the Northwestern School District in preventing it, and other important information regarding this program.
More information: http://www.violencepreventionworks.org/public/index.page